PROSE: Grant Aims
PROSE Grant (R01-CA83855 to Penn):
- Evaluate the effect of post-BPO HRT use on breast cancer risk reduction.
- Evaluate whether the timing of BPO with respect to age and reproductive events affects the magnitude of cancer risk reduction.
- Evaluate the effect of HRT and BPO on histopathological and biomarker-based characteristics in breast tumors, considering tumors arising from inherited BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations separately.
- Estimate the reduction in cancer risk following prophylactic surgery.
- Estimate the reduction in cancer mortality following prophylactic surgery.
- Describe the effect of prophylactic surgery on psychological characteristics, mental health, psychosocial adjustment, and satisfaction in women who have and have not undergone surgery.