Perelman School of Medicine
ranked #3 among the best
medical schools in research
University of Pennsylvania
Ranked #4 Among the Top
STEM Schools for Women
University of Pennsylvania ranked #4 among the world’s most innovative universities
- New Mental Health Platform Provides Support for Healthcare Workers May 28, 2020 While mental health in the workplace is a longstanding and undertreated issue, it has been amplified as health professionals struggle with the extraordinary physical and emotional demands of COVID-19.
- Gene Therapy Program at Penn Medicine Joins AAVCOVID Vaccine Project May 28, 2020 The internationally-renowned Gene Therapy Program at the University of Pennsylvania is joining the AAVCOVID vaccine program led by Massachusetts Eye and Ear and Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), members of Mass General Brigham for the joint research program.
- Follow-up Treatments After Opioid Overdose Rare Among Insured Patients May 27, 2020 The majority of commercially insured patients who visited the emergency department (ED) for an opioid overdose didn’t receive the timely follow-up care known to help prevent a future overdose or death, according to a new study from researchers at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Taking Inventory of Which Drugs the World Is Using to Treat COVID-19 May 27, 2020 With doctors and researchers around the world searching for effective treatments for COVID-19, many drugs approved to treat other diseases are being used in hopes that they’ll be effective against the virus, a use that’s known as “off-label.”
- New “Blueprint” of Exhausted T Cell Lifespan Could Help Build Better Immunotherapies May 27, 2020 Mapping out the lifespan of the immune cells that lose steam in the body’s fight against cancer is giving Penn Medicine researchers a better understanding of how future immunotherapies could reinvigorate them to help attack disease.
Impact of Asparaginase Discontinuation on Outcome in Childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia: A Report From the Children's Oncology Group.
Gupta S, Wang C, Raetz EA, Schore R, Salzer WL, Larsen EC, Maloney KW, ... Journal of clinical oncology : official journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. 2020 Jun 10;38(17):1897-1905 Epub 2020 Apr 10
Evaluation of Therapeutic Positive Airway Pressure as a Hypoglossal Nerve Stimulation Predictor in Patients With Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
Seay EG, Keenan BT, Schwartz AR, Dedhia RC JAMA otolaryngology-- head & neck surgery. 2020 Jun 4
Hospice Carve-In-Aligning Benefits With Patient and Family Needs.
Shrank WH, Russell K, Emanuel EJ JAMA. 2020 Jun 4
Impact of Intrathecal Triple Therapy Versus Intrathecal Methotrexate on Disease-Free Survival for High-Risk B-Lymphoblastic Leukemia: Children's Oncology Group Study AALL1131.
Salzer WL, Burke MJ, Devidas M, Dai Y, Hardy KK, Kairalla JA, Gore L, ... Journal of clinical oncology : official journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. 2020 Jun 4;:JCO1902892
Association of OPRM1 Functional Coding Variant With Opioid Use Disorder: A Genome-Wide Association Study.
Zhou H, Rentsch CT, Cheng Z, Kember RL, Nunez YZ, Sherva RM, Tate JP, ... JAMA psychiatry. 2020 Jun 3