Univerity of Pennsylvania and Penn Medicine: Facts and Figures
Perelman School of Medicine
ranked #3 among the best
medical schools in research
University of Pennsylvania
Ranked #4 Among the Top
STEM Schools for Women
Penn Medicine hospitals ranked #1 among top hospitals in Pennsylvania by U.S. News & World Reports
- Backed by Penn Medicine Research, National Task Force Recommends Removing Race from Kidney Function Equation September 23, 2021 A national task force announced Thursday that it is recommending the immediate implementation of a new diagnostic equation for measuring kidney function, which advocates say will promote health equity and increase access to transplantation for Black patients.
- Penn Medicine Serving Up Hospitality, Healthy Cafe Options at New Pavilion September 23, 2021 Visitors and staff at Penn Medicine’s new Pavilion, opening this October, will have food and drink options that include national celebrity chef Tom Colicchio’s Root & Sprig and Philadelphia coffee guru Thane Wright’s Bower Cafe.
- South Jersey’s First Proton Therapy Center Takes Giant Step Forward with Delivery of 90-ton Particle Accelerator from Europe September 23, 2021 When the facility opens in fall 2022, it will be the first proton therapy center in South Jersey and one of just 42 in the United States. This new, suburban community location provides patients added convenience of being nearer to home and loved ones while undergoing treatment and recovery.
- Penn Medicine and Wistar Awarded $11.7 Million Melanoma Research Grant from the National Cancer Institute September 22, 2021 The five-year award will fund three new melanoma research projects that translate fundamental laboratory discoveries made in the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania and The Wistar Institute into new therapeutics to treat skins cancers.
- Inaugural Elaine Redding Brinster Prize Awarded to Scientist Who Sparked Growth of Epigenetics September 21, 2021 The Institute for Regenerative Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania has awarded C. David Allis, PhD, an American molecular biologist, with the inaugural Elaine Redding Brinster Prize in Science or Medicine.
Arteriovenous Fistula Maturation, Functional Patency, and Intervention Rates.
Huber TS, Berceli SA, Scali ST, Neal D, Anderson EM, Allon M, Cheung AK, ... JAMA surgery. 2021 Sep 22
Rates of Opioid Prescriptions Obtained After Mohs Surgery: A Claims Database Analysis From 2009 to 2020.
Veerabagu SA, Cheng B, Wang S, Etzkorn JR, Kilaru AS, Noe MH, Miller CJ, ... JAMA dermatology. 2021 Sep 22
Perioperative Management of Do-Not-Resuscitate Orders at a Large Academic Health System.
Hadler RA, Fatuzzo M, Sahota G, Neuman MD JAMA surgery. 2021 Sep 22
Distinguishing Constrictive Pericarditis From Restrictive Cardiomyopathy-An Ongoing Diagnostic Challenge.
Hirshfeld JW Jr, Johnston-Cox H JAMA cardiology. 2021 Sep 22
It Is What It Is.
Kerlin MP JAMA. 2021 Sep 21;326(11):1007-1008