University of Pennsylvania and Penn Medicine: Facts and Figures
- Nursing Leader Wood Named to ‘24 Carol Emmott Fellowship Class November 27, 2023 Robin Wood's project aims to improve patient outcomes and decrease lengths of stay by treating patients with similar medical conditions in the same unit.
- Lidocaine Kills Cancer Cells by Activating Bitter Taste Receptor November 22, 2023 Lidocaine has long been suggested to have some anti-cancer effects, but it wasn’t known how or why. A new preclinical study reveals the drug activates a bitter taste receptor through two unique mechanisms that result in cancer cell death.
- Researchers Awarded $8M to Identify New TBI Treatments November 16, 2023 Experts will study new biomarkers and identify targets to guide development of future treatments for various types of brain injuries with a grant from the Department of Defense
- ‘Patch’ Uses Natural Body Motion to Fix Disc Herniation November 15, 2023 Penn Medicine researchers helped lead the development of a tension-activated repair patch to plugs holes in spinal discs.
- Identifying Patients Likely to Use No Opioids After Surgery November 15, 2023 Patient pain scores were a good predictor for opioid use, but younger patients were less likely to take them.
Use arrow keys to view news
Use arrow keys to view events
Predicting Functional Recovery and Quality of Life in Older Patients Undergoing Colorectal Cancer Surgery: Real-World Data From the International GOSAFE Study.
Montroni I, Ugolini G, Saur NM, Rostoft S, Spinelli A, Van Leeuwen BL, De Liguori Carino N, ... Journal of clinical oncology : official journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. 2023 Dec 1;41(34):5247-5262 Epub 2023 Jun 30
Forks in the road for CAR T and CAR NK cell cancer therapies.
Dagher OK, Posey AD Jr Nature immunology. 2023 Dec;24(12):1994-2007 Epub 2023 Nov 27
Author Correction: Post-translational modifications of soluble α-synuclein regulate the amplification of pathological α-synuclein.
Zhang S, Zhu R, Pan B, Xu H, Olufemi MF, Gathagan RJ, Li Y, ... Nature neuroscience. 2023 Dec;26(12):2250
Tumor Treating Fields therapy in metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer - Authors' reply.
Leal T, Langer C The Lancet. Oncology. 2023 Dec;24(12):e454
Isoform-level transcriptome-wide association uncovers genetic risk mechanisms for neuropsychiatric disorders in the human brain.
Bhattacharya A, Vo DD, Jops C, Kim M, Wen C, Hervoso JL, Pasaniuc B, ... Nature genetics. 2023 Nov 30
Use arrow keys to view publications