Univerity of Pennsylvania and Penn Medicine: Facts and Figures
University of Pennsylvania
Ranked #4 Among the Top
STEM Schools for Women
Penn Medicine hospitals ranked #1 among top hospitals in Pennsylvania by U.S. News & World Reports
Office of Inclusion, Diversity
& Equity anchor programs
- PPMC Chief Nursing Officer Named UPHS Chief Nurse Executive November 30, 2022 Longtime Penn Presbyterian Medical Center Chief Nursing Officer, James Ballinghoff, DNP, MBA, RN, has been named University of Pennsylvania Health System Chief Nurse Executive.
- Penn Develops mRNA Flu Vaccine November 25, 2022 An experimental mRNA-based vaccine against all 20 known subtypes of influenza virus provided broad protection from otherwise lethal flu strains in initial tests, potentially serving as a general preventative measure against future flu pandemics.
- CAR T Cell Therapy Reaches Beyond Cancer November 23, 2022 Penn Medicine researchers laud early results for CAR T therapy in a small set of patients with the autoimmune disease lupus.
- Deeply Rooted Program Awards 22 ‘Community Green Grants’ November 21, 2022 To increase community-based nature initiatives and improve health in Black and brown Philadelphia neighborhoods, Penn Medicine and CHOP’s Deeply Rooted Collaborative launched a Community Green Grants program to fund 22 local nature-focused projects.
- CareConnect Lowers Opioid Use Disorder Treatment Barriers November 16, 2022 Fifty-five percent of CareConnect’s patients had an active buprenorphine prescription for treatment a month after first engaging with the program.
Use arrow keys to view news
Use arrow keys to view events
Autoimmune Encephalitis-Misdiagnosis, Misconceptions, and How to Avoid Them.
Dalmau J, Graus F JAMA neurology. 2022 Nov 28
A multivalent nucleoside-modified mRNA vaccine against all known influenza virus subtypes.
Arevalo CP, Bolton MJ, Le Sage V, Ye N, Furey C, Muramatsu H, Alameh MG, ... Science (New York, N.Y.). 2022 Nov 25;378(6622):899-904 Epub 2022 Nov 24
Ketamine triggers a switch in excitatory neuronal activity across neocortex.
Cichon J, Wasilczuk AZ, Looger LL, Contreras D, Kelz MB, Proekt A Nature neuroscience. 2022 Nov 24
CAR T therapy extends its reach to autoimmune diseases.
Baker DJ, June CH Cell. 2022 Nov 23;185(24):4471-4473
Exome sequencing identifies rare damaging variants in ATP8B4 and ABCA1 as risk factors for Alzheimer's disease.
Holstege H, Hulsman M, Charbonnier C, Grenier-Boley B, Quenez O, Grozeva D, van Rooij JGJ, ... Nature genetics. 2022 Nov 21
Use arrow keys to view publications